SCHOLARS… START YOUR PROJECTS NOW!
Get your creative juices flowing….“Within Reach” is this year’s theme.
Reflections is a National PTA and Washington PTA cultural arts competition. It’s purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works. Winning pieces are clearly related to the specific theme of the year.
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.